What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments?
- Alleviate low-back pain and increase range of motion
- Ease medication dependence
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from, strenuous activities
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen anxiety and depression
- Pump oxygen-rich blood back into tissues and organs, improving circulation
- Reduce spasms or cramping
- Relieve pain from migraines
- Work "knots" out of muscles
Massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen. Experts estimate that upwards of 90% of diseases are stress related. While eliminating anxiety and the pressures of everyday life would be idealistic, massage can help manage stress. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a part in how healthy you'll be. Budgeting time and money for bodywork is an investment in your health. Consider massage a necessary part of your health and wellness plan.